REPAIR NOTESPLEASE NOTE - We service all types of machines. Drop-off is every 2 weeks, on a Monday, and our Home Page shows the next drop-off date. We take in 15 machines each service week. We email you when your machine is ready for pick-up, which in most cases is by Thursday of the same week (whether you receive this email or choose to open and read it does not constitute receipt/notice or payment of the storage fee). A storage fee is charged if your machine is not picked up by the Sunday following drop-off, close of business day. Storage fee charged is $5.00/day and starts the MONDAY following machine drop-off day (NO exceptions). Please GO TO the Main Page to see when our next drop off day is scheduled.
As an Elna and Janome dealer, we do certified warranty and service work on the machines that you purchased through The Quilters Studio. Warranty coverage on Elna and Janome machines that were not purchased at the store is at our discretion. We represent Handi Quilter machines and are fully trained and certified to perform service and training in our service department. We do service work on all machine brands, but, in the event you require warranty work on anything other than Janome or Elna, we recommend that you take your machine to a certified retailer/dealer. Remember that warranty's are issued by the manufacturer and, although we are certified to provide the service on the machine, we do verify that the warranty repair is approved by the manufacturer prior to any work being performed.
Our service department is located on-site and all service is performed by certified and trained technicians. There are rare occasions when we must take your machine(s) offsite to perform service. In the event that your machine must be sent to another location for service, you agree that The Quilters Studio is not responsible for another company's negligence in transporting or caring for your machine while it is not under our care.
We make every effort to return your machine in a timely manner after service. When you bring in your machine, it is entered into the queue to be serviced. There is NO appointment option available to drop off and wait for your machine. Whereas we recognize that some of our customers come from a distance to have their machines serviced, we will not be able to service your machine on the same day as drop-off.
SEWING MACHINE DROP-OFF:
When you drop off your sewing machine, please ONLY bring the following items to be left with us for service:
- Power cord and foot control
- Craft foot or presser foot that allows for straight and zigzag stitching
- Regular stitch plate. NO STRAIGHT STITCH PLATES. Your machine will not be entered in for service until you provide the correct stitch plate.
- Bobbin case with a FILLED bobbin plus thread for your machine. We must have the proper bobbin for your machine and it should be filled with the thread that you normally use. As well, we need the thread that you normally use with your machine. We want to ensure that we provide the standard stitch-out using the thread that you normally use. We do advise you as to the better thread to use on your machine. Lower quality threads do not perform at the same level as mid- or high-quality threads.
- EMBROIDERY MACHINES - We service embroidery capable machines at an additional cost to the basic service of the machine. Please provide us with the embroidery module and anything required to connect and operate the machine. Whether you provide us with the items required to stitch out an embroidery design on your machine, your repair cost will be at a higher rate due to the capabilities of the machine (if you don't provide us with the materials and accessories required to perform an embroidery stitch-out, we cannot test your machine, but you will still be responsible for the servicing of the embroidery aspect of your machine). Please provide us with:
- Embroidery Hoop, specific to your machine hooped with stabilizer and fabric
- Embroidery bobbin case
- Embroidery foot
- If you bring additional accessories, or cases, with you, we will give them back to you. If they are accidentally left with the machine, The Quilters Studio is not responsible for any additional accessories you choose to leave, either intentionally or accidentally, while your machine is being serviced.
When dropping off your Handi Quilter mid- or long-arm, please ONLY bring the following to be left with us for service.
- Machine with the thread mast removed but with the machine (your machine should not be transported with the thread mast attached)
- Power Cord
- Bobbin case with a FILLED bobbin
- Thread cone of what you normally use. If you need help with upper thread tension, there may be an additional charge of $45.00.
- Open or closed toe foot. Please do not leave us with the Glide or Echo feet attached
Our Service/Repair includes:
Evaluate function issues noted upon receiving machine
Adjust stitch balance
Adjust check spring operation
Adjust needle bar and hook timing as needed
Check bobbin winder & stop
Check buttons, keypad and touch screen (when applicable)
Check and address any abnormal noises
Clean interior, exterior of machine and check for damage (this is only a light cleaning of the outside of your machine and we do not clean the staining and damaging effects of animal urine, rat/mouse infestation, tar/paint overspray, and any other biological fluids)
Check Running speed
Check thread cutter (if applicable)
Check needle threader. The accessory has the highest incident of improper use. Please note the needle threader is not a warranty covered item and when we service, adjust or replace your needle threader there will be a labor and parts cost in addition to our normal service costs.
Check foot control (if applicable)
Sew a stitch out that shows the function/operation of your machine and verifies that it left the store operating. If your machine is embroidery capable and you provide a filled hoop, and required embroidery foot, we will stitch out a sample design from the machine to verify that the proper function/operation of that aspect of your machine has been checked and verified.
Certainty on all work performed, except for damage sustained due to improper usage. We will notify the customer of follow-up usage of machine to ensure proper function. This is critical for older machines. We equate the use of your machine to the consideration given to your vehicle; you would not expect your vehicle to "perform and function well" if you left it sitting in the garage or out in the back yard. Your sewing machine should get the same consideration.