Begin with a basic design from a stencil, a ruler or template, an applique, a fabric print, a cookie cutter or a shape you draw yourself. Then, learn to transform that design from basic to spectacular by extending, expanding, and adding secondary designs, repeats, fills and special effects. Learn marking techniques and tools for applying designs to quilt tops.
• How to mark and use stencils as design foundations
• How to transfer doodles from paper to quilting
• Enhance a design with fillers and embellishments
• Use marked grids as a design foundation and road map
• Draw inspiration from fabric prints
Saturday, December 1, 2018
Debby Brown, National Educator for Handi Quilter